|NEWS AND EVENTS - Monday, September 8, 2008|
REV. T. TIMOTHY TEPSIC
Father T. Timothy Tepsic, formerly of Midland, entered eternal life on September 3, 2008.
Born on December 28, 1926, to the late Mojsija and Mila (Marinkovich) Tepsic, in Midland, PA. A veteran of the U.S. Navy, he entered the St. Sava Monastery Seminary in Libertyville, Illinois, and was ordained a Serbian Orthodox priest on September 22, 1950. His first assignment was to the Serbian community in Fresno, California, and was the founding pastor of the St. Peter the Apostle Church in Fresno. After completing that assignment, he returned to St. Sava Monastery where he was appointed assistant to the Bishop. He also supplied at various Serbian parishes including Holy Resurrection Cathedral in Chicago. He was on the faculty of Christ Our Savior Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Seminary in Youngstown, Ohio when he began studies for a Masters Degree at Loyola-McCormick Consortium in Chicago and later at the University of Arizona in Tucson. After graduation, he accepted a position at Bourgade Catholic High School in Phoeniz, Arizona where in addition to teaching, he served as Dean of Students and Director of Development. In appreciation of his efforts, the newly built gym was named in his honor. Among his many accomplishments was his love of languages and ability to translate both historical and spiritual writings. He recently had co-published a two volume series on the lives of the saints titled "The Prologue From Ochrid" by Bishop (St.) Nikolai Velimirovic. Upon retiring in 1990, he took up residence in Chandler, Arizona. In addition to his parents, Father Timothy is preceded in death by nine sisters and five brothers